AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
IIM Sambalpur Executive Ph.D. Programme is a unique doctoral programme (Ph.D.) in management designed specifically for working professionals with a minimum of five years of full-time work experience. The Programme intends to provide industry professionals an opportunity to build career in academia. The Programme encourages scholars to carry out research in the field of management, leading to publication in internationally reputed research journals and finding solutions of real-world management problems. On successful completion of the program, Ph.D. degree shall be awarded to the candidate.
Executive PhD is a part time programme. The student will be expected to complete the programme in four years, including a maximum of two years of course work. Under special circumstances, extension may be granted to the student. In any case, the entire program should be finished within six years.
The Executive PhD Programme is composed of two phases:
The coursework consists of the following components:
Considering the schedule of working executives, the program is being planned in a way to maximize the use of digital platforms and minimize the visit frequency. The coursework will be majorly conducted online.
After the successful completion of the above components, Comprehensive Examination will be conducted at the end of the second year to test whether the student has obtained a satisfactory level of comprehension and application of the concepts learned in his/her field of specialization. The Comprehensive Examination will comprise of both written and viva examination.
The thesis is the document that forms a major component for fulfilling the criteria for the award of PhD. The thesis work broadly consists of the following stages:
1.2.1 The candidate must hold, subject to the condition laid down below, As per MoE guidelines:
Master’s Degree (i.e., Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a Master’s Degree) or Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) in any discipline or Integrated (Dual) Degree from IITs/IIMs/Other reputed Institutions/ Universities from NIRF top 50 Ranking 2023, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Bachelor’s as well as 60% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Master’s Degree.
A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point in the Bachelor’s Degree.
A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc. Engineering/B. Arch) with at least 6.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or equivalent percent marks.
1.2.2. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) and Persons-with-Disabilities will be given a 5% relaxation in the minimum marks requirement.
Minimum 5 years of full time managerial/executive/professional work experience as on 31st March 2024.
2.1. The admission process of IIM Sambalpur consists of:
Alternatively, those who have GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR) taken during the last two years will be considered valid for 2024 Admission.
Valid Research Aptitude Test Score (IIMSAT) of IIM Sambalpur 2024.
Exemption from Standard Test: Standard Test Scoreis not required if an applicant is Alumni of any IIMs or Institutions/ Universities in NIRF 2023 top 50 Ranking of any two-year full-time PGP programme /Integrated Programme in Management where such courses are offered with a minimum CGPA 6.0 and above in a 10-point scale or equivalent.
Part-time/evening/weekend/Distance Learning programmes of IIM or Institutions as specified above are NOT considered.
3.1 Shortlist For PI
The CAT/GRE/GMAT/GATE/ JRF-UGC/CSIR/ IIMSAT Score/ percentile will be used for shortlisting candidates for PI. The PhD committee in consultation with the Competent Authority will decide the number of candidates to be called for PIbased on the merit order.
3.2. Personal Interview
Upon being shortlisted, the candidate shall appear for a personal interview in front of the Expert panel. The panel will assess the suitability of the candidates for the program based on the portfolio of the candidate. Candidate will be especially assessed based on Statement of Purpose(SOP) apart from academic record, professional accomplishments, etc.
3.3 Preparing The Merit List
Merit List will be prepared based on Personal Interview, Academic Qualification, Relevant Work Experience and Research Statement of Purpose (SOP).
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The candidate should submit a SOP not exceeding 2000 words and should include a title, research motivation, possible research approaches, and references.
IIM Sambalpur reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cut offs mentioned at any time till the actual admission process for the batch is completed.
The fee structure of the students will be Rs. 7.25 lakh (including Rs 25,000/- caution money refundable after the completion of programme)
The fees will include course fees only. Hostel and mess charges shall be borne by the participants. After four years of programme, the candidate will require to pay Rs. 1,00,000/- per year as course fee in the subsequent years.
The withdrawal/cancellation of admission offer can happen in multiple ways
a) Before Year 1 Registration:
1. Once the offer acceptance fee is received by the stipulated date (mentioned in the offer email), the provisional admission offer stands. If payment is not received by the stipulated date, the provisional admission will be cancelled.
2. If a candidate pays the offer acceptance fees but still wants to withdraw, he/she may do so by sending an email to the Doctoral Admission Office by a stipulated date (offer acceptance fee withdrawal deadline mentioned in the offer letter/mail). We will then initiate a refund process. The refund of the offer acceptance fees deposited (after deducting an administrative charge of Rs.1,000/-) will be done in due course.
3. If a candidate pays the offer acceptance fees but fails to withdraw within a stipulated date (offer acceptance fee withdrawal deadline mentioned in the offer letter/mail) or fails to register for the programme, the entire amount of the offer acceptance fees paid will be forfeited. No refund will be made in case of withdrawal after the offer acceptance fee withdrawal deadline.
4. The admission will stand cancelled if a candidate does not register at IIM Sambalpur on the mentioned date and time for the registration.
5. Candidates have to pay the remaining amount of the first-year fee before the registration. The deadline for the same will be communicated to candidates who have accepted the offer. If the first-year fee payment is not received by the stipulated date (first year fee payment deadline), the provisional admission will be cancelled.
6. If a candidate has paid the remaining amount of the first year fee and wants to withdraw from the programme before the offer acceptance fee withdrawal deadline, the amount (offer acceptance and the Year 1 fee) will be refunded after deducting the administrative charge of Rs 1,000/-.
7. If a candidate has paid the remaining amount of the first year fee and wants to withdraw from the programme after the offer acceptance fee withdrawal deadline, but before the first fee payment deadline, the amount will be refunded after deducting the offer acceptance fee of Rs 50,000/-.
8. If a candidate has paid the remaining first year fee and wants to withdraw from the programme after the first-year fee payment deadline, NO amount will be refunded.
b) After registration:
1. First year will start with the registration and inauguration of the programme. Fees will be collected before the registration for Term 1 and at the beginning of each term later. If a candidate withdraws from the programme in any term after registration (in the middle of a term), all the fees paid till then will be forfeited, regardless of the number of days remaining in the term, and his/her admission shall stand cancelled.
Any dispute concerning Admission for the Executive PhD 2024 batch would be subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of city of Sambalpur only.
Last Date for Submission of Application: 31 March 2024