IIM Sambalpur is planning to launch its First Batch of Executive PhD Programme 2020 with effect from August 2020. The details of program are as below:
IIM Sambalpur is introducing the Executive PhD Programme from academic year 2020 - 21. The Programme will be a unique doctoral programme (PhD) in management designed specifically for working professionals with a minimum of five years of full time work experience. The Programme will be intended to provide industry professionals an opportunity to build career in academia. The Programme will also encourage scholars to carry out research in the field of management, leading to publication in internationally reputed research journals and finding solutions of real world management problems. On successful completion of the program, PhD degree shall be awarded to the candidate.
The candidates for the programme should have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution recognized and approved by AICTE/AIU:
1. Master’s Degree (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a Master’s Degree) or Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) in any discipline or Integrated (Dual) Degree from IITs/IIMs/Other reputed Universities, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Bachelor’s as well as 60% in the Master’s Degree.
2. CA, ICWA, CS with B. Com Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Professional degree as well as in the B. Com Degree.
3. A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering/B. Arch) with at least 6.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or equivalent percent marks.
Minimum 5 years of full time managerial/executive/professional work experience as on 15th June 2020 after graduation
A candidate applying for Executive PhD Programme should have a valid test score in any of the following:
1. IIM Sambalpur Aptitude Test (IIMSAT); or
2. CAT conducted by IIMs (last three year scores are valid); or
3. GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF-UGC/CSIR (last two year scores are valid)
Alternatively, Standard Test Score is not required if an applicant is PGP Alumni of any IIMs (all regular courses - PGPX/PGP-PMP/Integrated Programme in Management) or regular PGP from top 50 Institutes as per NIRF ranking (2018/2019) with CGPA 6.0 and above in a 10-point scale.
Final selection will be based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualifications, Relevant work experience, Research Aptitude, Publications and Reference Letter.
IIM Sambalpur follows the Government of India’s reservation policy
Areas of Specialization
The areas of specialization that will be available are:
1. Organizational Behavior &Human Resource Management
2. Finance & Accounting Management
3. Production and Operations Management
5. Policy & Strategic Management
6. Information System Management
7. Marketing Management
The fee structure of the students will be Rs. 5.5 lakh + GST.
The fees will include tuition, course material, and library resources only. Hostel and mess charges shall be borne by the participants. After four years of program, the candidate will pay Rs. 50,000/- per year as course fee in the subsequent years.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates seeking admission to the Executive PhD Programme are required to download the Prescribed Application Form from IIM Sambalpur website. The completed application form (duly signed) along with all the relevant documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th June 2020. (Mention: Application for Executive PhD 2020 in subject line of mail).
A fee of Rs. 2000/- is payable for application process. You are required to transfer the application fee in IIM Sambalpur Account through NEFT. The required details are as follows:
Beneficiary Name: Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur
Beneficiary A/c No: 918010104294364
A/c Type: Saving Bank account
Beneficiary Bank: Axis Bank Limited
Bank Address: Sambalpur Branch, Ainthapali Road, Above Blackberry Showroom, Sambalpur, Odisha – 768004, Odisha
Please note: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and lockdown situation in various parts of the country, the Competent Authority has decided to accept the applications of Executive PhD over e-mail only (email@example.com). Candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the application and documents.
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur
Jyoti, Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur
Program Details Executive PhD (PDF)
Download Application form (PDF)
Download Application form (DOCX)