Diptiranjan Mahapatra, an IIM Ahmedabad graduate, is in the Policy and Strategic Management Area at IIM Sambalpur. His research interest is interdisciplinary and at the intersection of Strategy, Public Policy, and Economics. He is especially interested in State-owned Enterprises (SoEs); Political economy of the Energy market; Energy & Climate Modeling; M&A; Antitrust issue in Platform Economy; Street level Bureaucrats; and Environmental Jurisprudence. Besides teaching, he is also involved with the Rapid Switch project at the Andlinger Center, Princeton University (https://acee.princeton.edu/rapidswitch/people/).
Prior to joining IIM Sambalpur, he was a founding faculty and spearheaded the business school initiative of the Adani Group. ln the recent past, Diptiranjan also worked as a scientific staff with Brookhaven National Laboratory, Department of Energy (DoE), USA, and was involved in one carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) project (https://netl.doe.gov/sites/default/files/event-proceedings/2012/Carbon%20Storage%20RD%20Project%20Review%20Meeting/Fitts-PrincetonDEFE0000749_FittsPeters_15Aug12.pdf. His pre-doctoral work includes almost a decade of project management experience in the Infrastructure & Energy sector, mostly with Reliance lndustries Limited.
- Strategic Management
- Managing Business in Emerging Market
- Infrastructure Policy and Regulation
- Managing Energy Business
- Land and Environment Management
- Environment and Natural Resource Economics
- Taught as Guest Faculty at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) for “Managing Energy Business” course for PGP / PGPX in 2013, 2014, 2015
- Visiting faculty (co-instructor) at the Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIMU) for “Managing Infrastructure Business” course for PGP in 2013, Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI) in 2017