Dr. Atri Sengupta holds a Ph.D from IIT Kharagpur. Prior to IIM Sambalpur, she was affiliated with IIM Raipur as Assistant Professor. She has 17 years’ experience of teaching, training, research, and consulting. She is an MBTI certified professional and behavioural trainer for the corporates. She has authored two books, published several management case studies (Ivey) and research papers in national and international journals of repute. She has also supervised PhD/FPM scholars. Her research interests include employer branding, talent management, competency management, emotional labour, responsible leadership, sustainable HRM, etc. She has handled several sponsored research and consultancy projects independently. Key projects are mentioned below:
Sponsored Projects (Completed):
- Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India funded project on “Extent of R&D and Innovation in MSMEs in West Bengal: Strategies, Determinants and Effects”.
- AICTE sponsored 5-day FDP on “Management Research: Methods & Statistics” as FDP Coordinator
Consultancy Projects (Completed):
- “A Project on Employee Satisfaction Survey” for Hindustan Copper Ltd., Govt. of India, 2014.
- “A study on organization restructuring, manpower planning and succession planning” for MSTC Ltd. under the Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India, 2013-14.
- “A study on identifying training needs for implementing turnaround strategy” for Westinghouse Saxby Farmers Ltd., 2013.
- “A study on identifying training needs for leadership communication” for McLeod Russel India Ltd., 2013
- “A study on identifying training needs of estate executives and its implementation” for McLeod Russel India Ltd., 2011-12.
FDPs and MDPs:
- Programme Director – TEQUIP 12th Faculty Development Programme, organized at IIM Raipur, 2017.
- Programme Director – Estate Executives’ Plantation Management Programme (1 month duration) for McLeod Russel India Ltd., 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Programme Director – Induction Training Programme for Single Window Operator of Allahabad Bank (1 month for 250 employees), 2014.
- Programme Director – Strategy Summit for Westinghouse Saxby Farmers Ltd., 2013.
- Conducted several corporate training programmes on behavioural topics in Indian Oil Corporation; Canara Bank, Jaya Shree Textile, Aditya Birla Group; NIPM; Hooghly Chamber of Commerce; State Productivity Council; ABC India Ltd.; Shalimar Industries; CESC Ltd.; Chhattisgarh Judiciary; NIT Raipur; CET Bhubaneswar; GNRC Ltd. Assam; etc.